Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cracker Toffee Friends

This past weekend I got to get away for some sweet time with my girlfriends. My precious friend Wendi is moving across the world to Doha and we couldn't let her go without one last slumber party. She will be in town for a few more weeks which is a huge treat for me, but I thought I'd go ahead and post my "Ode to Wendi" now.
Wendi is one of my favorite people and best friends. She is one of those friends that it is hard for me to remember not knowing. Some of my best friends from high school met Wendi at Baylor and thankfully introduced her to me - and the rest is history. We will often be laughing about something or someone from our MHS days and then realize that - Oh yea, you didn't go to High School with us. Like I said, I feel like I have known her forever!!She is a wonderful mother a loving wife and a hilarious, quick witted, trustworthy, Godly friend. She is an amazing listener and has a way of making you feel like you are the most important person in the room. She is as down to earth and authentic as they come and I know that the Lord will use her in amazing ways on her next adventure.




Our lives have paralleled each other in a lot of ways. When we had a miscarriage with our first pregnancy I didn't really know anything about that process or anyone who had had one etc. Wendi called me that awful weekend and said I have to tell you something...we hadn't told anyone we were pregnant, but we're going in for a DNC tomorrow - the exact same day I was scheduled to go in! What an incredible blessing from the Lord. I tear up just remembering his precious provision of not just a friend but one of my best friends who was able to not just sympathize with me, but be there experiencing the same thing during one of our family's hardest days.


But, the Lord didn't stop there, he blessed us both with healthy baby boys, just a few months apart.

Look at those precious babies, they both recently turned 3!!! Where does the time go!
Our husbands just happen to love each other too!!
Just to keep us tracking together we got to be pregnant together again with, you guessed it, some little brothers.


The above blessings are AMAZING and I truly thank God for a friend who can relate so easily to my day to day triumphs and struggles. The next two similarities are just hilarious to me.


Not long after getting very similar haircuts, from way long to pretty short, we showed up to a baby shower wearing the EXACT SAME THING. Even our jewelry was similar! Seriously, who does this?


Then, without communicating about it at all, last Halloween we dressed our boys up as the same thing!


I could go on, but you get the idea. On the up side of this move (along with following God's will for their lives) I think this might actually get her blogging, so you can be on the look out for "Doha Days" or the like soon. :) We can't wait to see how the Lord uses you and Nick and grows your family over the next few years. We will miss you terribly, but look forward to every visit and all the email, phone calls, blog posts, etc. in between. I love you friend!

1 comment:

shannonmichaelis said...

you're making me cry! love all the similarities - it really is kinda scary! could not have worded it any different. i am putting off having to do the same thing. denial...