Thursday, November 27, 2008
We're having an nontraditional Thanksgiving this morning at our house. It is the Purdy's year for Thanksgiving, but since Lila is scheduled to arrive on Monday (we are so excited) we're waiting to have our Thanksgiving dinner on Sat. in Houston so we can stick around for all the labor and delivery excitement afterwards. So Daddy and Stacey made french toast this morning (Yummy) and we're just lounging around in our PJ's - OK so that isn't that untraditional, but it isn't the norm for us to be at our house.
Chances are if you are reading this then I am incredibly thankful for you too!!
Have a Happy Happy Happy Thanksgiving!
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever!" 1 Chronicles 16:34
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Stacey only had to work a half day today so we took the boys to the Dinosaurs Alive exhibit this afternoon at the Heard Museum. I LOVE LOVE LOVE family outings with my four pack!! I was a little underwhelmed with the actual exhibit (not sure what I expected) but III loved it. We walked outside along a trail to see all the dinosaurs and the weather was beautiful so it really didn't matter what we were doing we were outside on a beautiful day all happy and healthy and together so I loved it.
III was to busy walking and talking nonstop (days like today are what make my head spin when his teachers say, "He is just SO quiet."??? - WHAT???) to pose for pictures, but Dad and the dinosaurs were very accommodating. :)
Monday, November 24, 2008
Brooklyn is named after another of my best friends from college Brooke D'Lynn who passed away several years ago, and she was born right around the time our first baby would have been born, so she is a little special :)
The party was a LittleGym and, Oh my stars do they know how to do a fun party!!! Two employees kept the kids entertained with a nonstop activity. The boys got to run, tumble, kick balls, jump on a trampoline, blow bubbles, play with the parachute, and be pulled around on mats like superman. They LOVED it! And on a cold Sat., when I had them all to myself, it was just the ticket to wear them out.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
8 TV Shows I Love To Watch:
1. The Office
2. So You Think You Can Dance
3. The Hills
5. Jon & Kate Plus 8
6. 30 Rock
8. The Cosby Show (Yes, still)
8 Favorite Restaurants:
3. Fireside Pies
6. Village Burger Bar
7. Bless Your Heart
8 Things That Happened Today:
1. Picked up the house while the boys watched Curious George (a pretty amazing accomplishment for me)
2. Went to bible study and got to help in Stacey's class
3. Watched Stacey practice his songs for the performance at Bible Study on the Dec. 3rd. (So cute)
4. Wrote letters to some of my small group girls and a few thank you notes
5. Tried to console a very cranky Wyatt after his nap, no luck, he's crazy
6. Took the boys for overdue haircuts (a little bitter about Wyatt's finished product)
7. Rounded up some items that start with the letter K for Stacey's "Letter K" bag that he brought home from MDO. (Aunt Kacey you made the cut!)
8. Made some jambalaya for dinner
8 Things I am looking Forward To:
1. Lila's arrival!!!!
3. Getting out the train that goes around the Christmas tree with the boys
4. Watching the boys (especially III this year) on Christmas morning
5. January girls weekend
6. A day when I don't change any diapers
7. Family vacation this summer!!
8. A date night with my main man (hopefully this one will come before the summer vacation!!)
8 Things On My Wishlist:
1. Spellcheck on blog comments - hello? please help me!
2. A body like Jennifer Aniston (without all the work of course)
3. More patience
4. Photo canvases...Santa, hint hint
5. Time in the word every morning (really this wish should probably be that my kids would sleep later so that I might actually get that time in the morning)
6. Beautiful handwriting
7. An "everything is free for you" pass to Anthropologie
8. World peace (JK - not that that wouldn't be nice!)
8 People I Tag:
Monday, November 17, 2008
I can not put into words how excited these guys were waiting for the train. They had their whistles out and were wound up like it was Christmas morning. It was SO cute. Here it comes!!
After the thrilling ride (I have to admit this was my first time on the Dart, but after seeing how much III loved it I'm sure it won't be my last) we played at a great park in Plano.
Then it was time for lunch and Happy Birthday to Noah!! Notice his cute T is for Train shirt.
As if that hadn't been enough fun, we of course got to end the party with another fun ride on he Dart back to our cars. When Stacey was talking about the party later that day he would make sure to explain, "And, then we got to ride the train AGAIN!!"
So simple, but so fun. Thanks Karla!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Me: What have you guys been doing?
Stacey: Drinking toothpaste.
Stacey: Drinking toothpaste, that's what we've been doing.
Me: So you've been wasting my toothpaste?
Stacey: Not your toothpaste Mommy, just our toothpaste.
Me: (After checking the bathroom to find no major signs of destruction or too much toothpaste missing) Stacey, we do not eat toothpaste. It isn't good for you and it is wasteful...
Stacey: (Interrupting me very confidently) And with a happy heart! (when we're discussing obedience we always go over: We obey 1.) All the way 2.) Right away 3.) With a happy heart)
Me: That is how we obey, but that is not what I'm talking about, do you remember a dinner last night when we talked about being wasteful? (peas were thrown on the floor and no cupcakes were handed out)
Stacey: I want peas and macaroni. Mommy, I'm hungry and thirsty - i want some macaroni.
Me: Do you know what it means to be wasteful?
Stacey: ...When you mess up the TV???
Me: UM...No. Let's not eat toothpaste again, OK?
Stacey: Yes Mam.
Is anyone else exhausted by this conversation!!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Stacey found a measuring tape in Brylie's toys (Santa, add this to the list along with the flashlight) and he and Aunt Cassie were measuring everything they could get their hands on -you can always spot the teachers - so good at finding the education in the fun.
This was our gift for Brylie and after several screaming fits this week when Wyatt saw it in the back of the car and then in the house and did NOT understand why he couldn't ride on it, he finally got to take a spin on the princess scooter.
Happy Birthday Brylie!!!!
Yes, this sweet photo is staged, but pretty right on for the real thing.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Next stop, National Championship - I'm a believer!! :)