Monday, April 27, 2009

Bunk Beds!!

As of Friday night "the nest" is no more. Wyatt finally has a real bed and Stacey is living the high life on the top bunk. I don't think they had any real concept of what a bunk bed was so when they were put together they were thrilled!! We'd been shopping around for beds (and just in case you are wondering they aren't giving bunk beds away these days!!) when Angie mentioned that her sweet friend Erica was thinking about selling her boy's bunk beds to do some rearranging in their home. We had a match made in Craig's List heaven - minus Craig.

Ta-Da! We don't have matching bedding just yet, and it is hard to get far enough away in the room to get the whole bed, but you get the idea.
Stacey climbing to his new perch.
Wyatt, although a little sad that he doesn't get to climb the ladder, is proud of his new bed too, he'll climb in and exclaim "I did it!" a favorite phrase of his lately.

Sweet dreams bunk buddies :)
Thanks to Big and Nannie for such a perfect birthday gift for these two!!

8 comments:

The Junods said...

This is so fun! I'm so close to moving my boys together. I'm starting to think Brooks would do better with Barrett in his room. The Smith Story is encouraging! Those beds are beautiful and perfect for their room! I'm also dying because Barrett won't stop with the "I dittit" Love you and your boys!! Great pics and precious brothers!! oh and yes, Ash obviously missed the chaos and words of terror that came from my mouth :) I think its a boy thing :)

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Seeing these pics makes we actually ant to have two boys! Brothers are so fun to have!!

The Penuels said...

Cute!! They look so excited :)

shannonmichaelis said...

you are my hero - both boys in the same room and both in a big boy bed! mine is taking a nap in his today - we'll see how it goes. so behind on making comments. LOVE the movies - justin is still scared of nemo and cars (scary eyes) so I think we are a ways away from that. love all the posts of your two fellas - they look like a barrel of fun. good luck with the bunk neds - they look great! nothing better than a hand-me-down...

Shannon said...

What a huge blessing! WOW! I cannot wait to come see them in person. We are ready to start back with dinner on Mondays! Love you and miss you.

Kylie said...

they are so big and adorable! hudson saw a bunk bed in a pottery barn catalog recently and said he wanted one for him and avery :) (of course it won't actually be from pottery barn!) It's nice to have kids who love each other so much. Your boys are too cute!!

angie said...

Perfect!!! I'm so glad that worked out, they look sooooo good. The boys also couldn't be happier:-). Nice job assembling them!

Sarah said...

Love the bunk beds!!! They are just too cute. I hope we get to see some more cute running/crashing from them on Thursday! :)