Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ode To Chick-A-Lay

I have said it before and I am sure I have blogged about it, but I love Chick-Fil-A. And the location on Hillcrest and Lovers is like the crem de la crem of Chick-a-lays (as we call it). It is like they have read the suggestion box in my brain (except for the one about serving brownies without nuts) and fulfilled everything I can think of. Yes, my fantasies are rather sad these days.

After a morning of convincing myself repeatedly that my kids were in fact my kids and not some possessed psychopaths that someone dropped off for me to raise, we met Daddy for lunch at Chick-a-lay. And somewhere between the complimentary Purell wipes and self adhesive kids place-mats, chicken nuggets and chocolate milk, seats right next to the free-for-all play area and an IV of sweet tea I found my sanity and the strength to face the rest of the day.

I realize that eating fast food at a restaurant full of kids isn't exactly most peoples ideal spot for finding serenity. And there have been exceptions, especially within Stacey's potty training phase, when this was not a happy place for me. But, today at chick-a-lay no one complained about the meal, no one laid on the ground to cry in protest of the drink choice or the seating arrangement and getting up from the table to play was encouraged. I had a lovely salad and got to talk with my husband for at least 10 minutes without interruption. And that is NO small victory. So for this victory I say thank you chick-a-lay. Now if you could just figure out the brownie thing...

2 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

amen, sista! and we say it the same way. the ONLY place to find true freedom in your chaotic day. i think we are going there tomorrow...

Katy said...

Chick a Lay has got the "eating with kids" thing figured FO SHOW. ;)

And---here's to a pleasant lunch (well as pleasant as it can be with munchkins running around) :)

Way to be thankful for the little things in life. I need to be reminded of that!