Thursday, June 26, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Stacey will be three years old on July 13th and for the first time he is really anticipating his birthday. He asks me just about everyday if, "Today we get to go to my bertday?" or "My bertday is going to be Saturday (this is his go to day of the week for anything that is in the future)." And anytime we talk about a birthday or go to a birthday party he will say, "My bertday is going to be next?" So last night Stacey was asking him what he wanted to have at his birthday party. His requests: donut holes, rootbeer, popcorn, cake and after a lot of thought, ice cream. I think he has had rootbeer maybe one time ever. What I wouldn't give to be in that little head of his.


This is probably as good a time as any to record some of my favorite Staceyisms as many are starting to fade from his ever maturing vocabulary.


I want to hold you me - hold me

Oops-a-spaghetti - his unintentional combination of Uh-Oh-Spaghettio and Whoops-A-Daisy

Ah Mam - said with the inflection of Ah Man

OK that wasn't very many, but I'll add to this list as i think of them...this is why you have to write them down!

Stacey "flossing" Dr. Cothern (our dentist) would be so proud.Stacey got into my makeup back on a recent road trip. It was unstrategically placed right beside him, but we obviously didn't know he had it until he had time to go to work. Notice the concealer as lipstick, very innovative.We love our Stacey III and all his two-year-old-ness :)

1 comment:

Woodbury Family said...

Love it!! He is so precious! :)