Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Goodbye Incisor A

I took Wyatt to the pediatric dentist this morning and it looks like his tooth is a goner :(. He let them take an x-ray (no small feet for a two year old!) and there was an obvious fracture so the tooth has to come out. Because of his age he will have to be under general IV anesthesia for the extraction and fitting for his new partial (AKA fake front tooth). We are VERY aware that of all the things your child might need anesthesia for this is at the top of the wish list, but we'll still be relieved when he is out. We go in tomorrow at 8:00, so if you think of it say a prayer for our little snaggletooth

4 comments:

The Junods said...

Oh no! I'm sorry! I will absolutely pray for baby Wyatt and you too. There may be worse things, but putting your sweet baby under anesthesia isn't easy!! I know everything will be just fine. Bring on the pearly whites! I want to see a pic of new Incisor A! btw...does the tooth fairy come for these type situations?

Shannon said...

Sweet thing! I am praying! Landon had to use that same anesthesia and it was not bad at all. Bring on the tooth fairy! Maybe not money - but surely a little prize to be found! :-) Love you guys. Want to come play one day next week? See what your week looks like and e-mail me with possible days.

angie said...

Sweet boy, we are praying this morning for you and your mommy! I can't wait to hug your neck!!!!

Stacey said...

I'm a little behind, but thanks for sharing the play-by-play. Poor little guy! It looks like he's held up well through all the drama...I hope the same can be said for you!

Love you guys!