Thursday, July 29, 2010

16 Weeks

I went in Tuesday for a checkup and heard two healthy heart beats. Everything is looking good and right on track. I did get bumped up a week so I am now officially 16 weeks!!

(Photography by Stacey III)
I also wanted to share a sweet story of God's gracious provision for us. I have drafted several posts about the way God has provided for us over the past few years, but always seem to find myself at a loss for words to adequately describe our gratitude or God's faithfulness. In August we have a significant payment due to our doctor. We have been praying about and seeking advice on what the best way to go about paying it, seeing as how we don't just have it ;). We considered using a credit card or working out some sort of payment plan with my doctor so as to have a little debt as possible. But, even in the midst of those very practical steps I consistently felt called to pray for manna. The Lord fed the Israelites for 40 years with manna. Provision, food, needs met - manna - that just showed up EVERY SINGLE MORNING.

Anyway, yesterday as I was leaving my appointment, as planned, I began to ask about our upcoming bill, was there a way for us to work out a payment plan or pay a portion etc. The receptionist looked up and said, "Actually someone has taken care of your bill. They wish to remain anonymous but it has been paid in full." PAID IN FULL - I just started crying (and spent the better part of the afternoon doing the same). I mean talk about manna just showing up. I immediately felt overwhelmed, overwhelmed by God's goodness, overwhelmed with gratitude, and overwhelmed at how unworthy I am - not only of God's provision but of friends/family (we seriously have no idea who did this) that know and love the Lord in a way that allows them to generously give what would seem foreign to most. It is such a perfect picture of the church, not "our" church but of the body of Christ, and it overwhelms me.

Although, when I think about what I know about my savior it really is just par for the course. A few months ago I was reading in Matthew 15 & 16. Just after the feeding of the 4,000 Jesus is on a boat with the disciples and they all get worked up because they have forgotten to bring bread. Jesus looks at them and says, "Do you still not understand?" Like, hello, did you miss the last few hours when I fed 4,000 people with seven loaves and a few small fish? Do you seriously think I can't provide some lunch (or a doctors bill)? Do you not understand who is on this boat with you?

Needs being met may not always look like a bill being paid in full by an anonymous donor, but when you understand and trust in who you've got in your boat you can rest assured that they will be met.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! What a huge blessing indeed! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes too!

Chrys and Mike said...

TEARS! What a blessing, Caryn. Thank you for sharing that story of God's provision. He is so good!

Love you, friend.

Chrys

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

Crying right along with you friend! What a blessing, and what a great joy to be reminded that the Lord will provide for our every need, no matter how it looks! Thank you for the reminder of trusting in the Lord, He is so faithful!!!!

Meg said...

that is the coolest story i have ever heard!! praise God!! wow. you look beautiful and i am praising the Lord for 2 healthy heartbeats. something about hearing the heartbeats always awed me almost a little more than the u/s's for some reason!! you are so almost halfway there!!

Self Family said...

How can I really be surprised at such a wonderful blessing to some super wonderful people. I LOVE how the Lord knows the need even before we do and says "Done" and using one of His children to do His work. Thank you so much for sharing and encouraging us. And SUPER thankful for 2 healthy babies - already getting anxious to hold them both!!

Miranda said...

What a blessing. I cant imagine what you guys are facing knowing that 2 are on the way at once. Because I am completely overwhelmed with my 1 showing up in just a few months. Since I work for the doctor who is delivering me my $$ problems there really dont even exist as they have waived all the fees I would normally have to pay and are just billing my insurance for everything. HOWEVER I am starting to freak out about child care. We are looking at $1000 a month. Which I think is completely ridiculous. I have no idea what we are going to do about that. SO all I can pretty much do right now is pray.
** the fact that i am a total control freak and dont trust anyone with my precious cargo really doesn't help my situation either** UHHHH
congrats on being almost 1/2 way done.

shannonmichaelis said...

Tears rolling down my face. Nearly dropped the computer when I read this. Oh sweet Caryn, watching how the Lord has provided for you during this journey has been such a blessing to more than just your family. Praise God for two healthy babies and no debt!

Love you sweet friend. Thankful to be able to ride this ride via the blog with you...

Shannon said...

UNBELIEVABLE! What in incredible reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness! Not sure how I will get rid of these chills I have after reading this. Like Carla said, I am so anxious for these babies to get here so I can start the rocking! I am already looking forward to waiting in the waiting room with the rest of the Purdy clan just as we did with III and Wyatt. I love being in the same town and getting to share in all the Smith blessings! I love you!

Ashley Hall said...

Holy moly! Awesome!! Such an encouragement to me!

angie said...

I am so thankful for this sweet blessing! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness and showing up big-time in an extremely tangible way. I love it!!!
And you look really pretty at 16 weeks, nice photo III:-)

Kacey said...

God is SO good! Still makes me cry hearing it again. I love how He not only provides for the family we know and love, but doesn't forget about the ones we've yet to meet! Thank you Lord for those strong heartbeats!!!

Katy said...

My jaw just hit the floor. I cannot believe this story. Seriously, that is amazing. And what a testimony to us all about how God CAN and WILL provide in our time of need! Hallelujah that nothing is too big to ask God for! Really, I am just so convicted by this story. I love it, Caryn. PTL!
And, on a different note, I think that is the most beautiful picture I've ever seen of you. I mean, you never take a bad picture, but you were just glowing! No doubt in relation to the fact that you have two little miracles growing inside you!! :)

Sarah said...

After a wonderful week of being consistently overwhelmed by God's goodness (and many tears, too) I am sitting here with tears again, thanking him for providing for your family! He is beyond good...more than our words could every describe.

La Casa Chavez said...

Congratulations to you too Caryn! I'm so bad about commenting, but let it be no reflection of how much I keep up with everyone's posts and how excited I am for you. (not to mention freaked out, TWiNS??) Wow, I'm impressed, look forward to keeping up with the progress and once they are born, though I'm afraid blogging may take a little bit of a back seat.
Amen on all the blessings!