Monday, May 20, 2013

Flash Back Girls Weekend

Well I was about to post about our recent visit to Houston which reminded me that I never posted about our girls weekend/shower for Shannon last summer. Unless I did and just don't remember it? The Junod's came to stay with us for a whole week which was AMAZING (and something else I never blogged about boo?!?). OK put a pin in that, I'll have to go back to that too, but, for this post I just wanted to show some old pictures form Shannon's shower last summer.

We started with a girls night at Chuy's
We then headed back to my house for our favorite things gift exchange and a little surprise shower for Shannon!!

Shannon had recently had the privilege of adopting two amazing kids something that we had all been praying about for years so it was a VERY special treat to get to "shower" her and just celebrate her faithfulness and trust in God's plans for her family and his provision of Levi and Lexi two amazing kids who now have an incredible forever family!!! Such a blessing to get to sit on the sidelines of their journey and watch it all unfold.

Until the adoption was finalized they weren't allowed to post any pictures of the kids which is why I initially didn't blog about this.

The theme was "A Few of my Favorite Things"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book

That was supposed to represent Justin, Levi and Lexi. :)


Instead of diapers we made a donation and instead of wipes we made a few wishes.



HA! We made Shannon take this picture and as she wrote, "Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own!"


Reading some of the wishes.
Awkward group pictures!

We tried sitting as well.
And then standing.



Then it was time for PJs and "Our Favorite Things" game.  Everyone brought 3 things that was a favorite of theirs, then we drew numbers, swapped a bit, and came home with three new things. SO FUN!!








Such sweet time with these sweet friends!!!!



No comments: