Thursday, July 17, 2008

Amazon or Bust

Well after passport applications, shots, meetings, prescriptions, generous support and packing I'm ready for the Amazon! Thank you so much to everyone who has so generously supported me with monetary contributions, family pack donations, encouragement and prayer.

This is a picture of the boat we'll be staying on. We sleep on hammocks!

I have to be at the airport tomorrow at 4:45 in the morning. We fly to Miami have a monster layover and then a five hour flight to Manaus, Brazil. My parents graciously offered to come in tonight to pick up the boys saving me a trip to Waco. They'll stay with GP and Honey through Wed., then go to Nannie and Big's until the weekend. I feel so blessed that my kiddos LOVE being with their grandparents. I will be missing them a lot more than they'll miss me with all the special treatment they'll be getting.

While I am prepared physically I have been feeling a little unprepared spiritually, doubting how the Lord can use my story and how to balance leading the students and ministering at the same time. But I have been reminded of Psalm 34:4 "I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears." He has met my every need in preparation of this trip and I know He will be with me every step of the way. As usual I have to put my pride aside and remind myself that He could use the rocks if he wanted to and it is not me, but Christ in me who will be in control. Here are a few specific things that you can be praying for:

· The Lord to prepare my heart and give me energy to serve the students and people we will encounter.
· Safety and protection as we travel there and back.
· Courage for our team as we share the gospel.
· My family while I'm away: health for the boys, that Stacey wouldn't worry.

I'll be back on Sunday the 27th.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Wow! I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back. I'm praying for you as you!