Sunday, May 11, 2008

Senior Girls

I've been co-leading a group of girls through Watermark Student Ministries, (www.watermark.org) for the last six years. I started when most of them were 7th graders and on Wednesday we had our last official small group followed by the Senior Breakfast on Saturday morning. It was very bittersweet as we reminisced and celebrated the beautiful women of God they have become.
Every single one of them is amazing and it has been an absolute joy to get to be a part of each of their lives. They honored Karla (my INCREDIBLE co-leader and wonderful friend) and I with scrapbooks that included a personal letter from each of them as well as an all inclusive night out on the town - hotel, dinner movie and spa!! I know right.I have often felt ill equipped and inadequate to lead them, but getting to be a part of each of their lives has been on of God's greatest gifts in my life. I will miss our time together immeasurably, but I am looking forward to the relationships that will continue to grow and hopefully evolve from student and leader to friends.

No comments: